Webseite Karl Kahane Stiftung
Student Assistant (30-60%, depending on interest and availability)
Location: Basel – start per 1.4.2024 (or earlier/upon mutual agreement)
The Karl Kahane Foundation, founded in 1991, is an independent Swiss, privately funded, non-political and non-religious charitable foundation. We support civil society organisations/NGOs working in the areas of Accessibility, Migration/Inclusion and Social Mobility with a geographical focus on Europe, the Middle East, Northern Africa and Turkey. We are a small team working from our office in the Haus der Stiftungen in Basel and, at times, from home.
To support our team we are looking for a resourceful and motivated Student Assistant (30-60% – depending on need and availability) with the following qualifications:
- Studying a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a field related to our work
- Ideally some experience (working or volunteering) or network in a field associated with our focus
- Good research, writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Excellent English and German (written and spoken), knowledge of Arabic, Turkish, Italian or Greek would be of benefit
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel, and other digital applications (i.e. Google Drive, WordPress)
- Ideally experienced with Social Media (esp. LinkedIn), Mailchimp and basic visual design (i.e. Canva or other tools to prepare Social Media communications, newsletters, annual reports)
- Must be eligible to work in Switzerland
- Good communication skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Emotionally & culturally sensitive. Values diversity and contributes to an inclusive and respectful working environment
- A high level of motivation, a down to earth personality and a sense of humor
- Ideally, we are looking for a Student Assistant who can commit for at least a year
Potential Student Assistant tasks (depending on working hours and availability):
- First-level contact person for the foundation (responding to external emails)
- Other communication and social media responsibilities (LinkedIn, internal and external newsletters 2x/year, foundation’s Annual Report)
- General administrative tasks and data management, including website updates, development of online application forms, Grant Management System
- Administration and assessment of incoming grant applications and project reports
- Assisting in Board Meeting preparation (2x/year). This includes the collection of relevant information from new and running applicants, assisting with the PPT slide presentation, proofreading and editing of final documentation including meeting minutes and various translation tasks
- Potential to assist the team with grantee management and visits
- There is room for additional tasks and responsibilities depending on the Student Assistant’s interests and availabillity
What we offer:
- An international, open, inclusive and lively work environment
- The opportunity to learn philanthropy on the job (due diligence, potential site visits, grant management, interaction with other foundations)
- Strong learning possibilities in our thematic and geographic focus areas
- A high level of flexibility and responsibility
- Fair compensation
- A nice working space in the Haus der Stiftungen in Basel
We want to foster a diverse and inclusive working environment, and this includes our application process. If you require any accommodations in order to participate in the application process, please contact us at the email address provided below. All information you provide will be handled confidentially.
Starting date: April 1st 2024 or as agreed upon.
We look forward to receiving your cover letter and resume, including your potential starting date and preferred working hours (in %), via firstname.lastname@example.org before February 21st 2024.
The interviews will take place on March 4th and 5th 2024 at the Haus der Stiftungen at St. Alban-Vorstadt 12 in Basel. If you have any questions about the job, please contact us at email@example.com.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org