Webseite Swiss Tropical & Public Health Institute
World-leading institute in global health with focus on LMIC
The Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH) is a world-leading institute in global health with a particular focus on low- and middle-income countries. Associated with the University of Basel, Swiss TPH combines research, education and services at a local, national and international level. About 850 people from more than 80 nations work at Swiss TPH focusing on infectious and non-communicable diseases, environment, society and health as well as health systems and interventions. We are looking for a committed and creative:
Digital Communications Intern (80-100%)
As part of a young and dynamic communications team, you will help position Swiss TPH as a leading institute in global health. Your focus will be on digital communications. The internship would ideally start in January 2021 and last 10-12 months. The exact length of the internship and concrete working hours can be discussed.
Your responsibilities include:
· Assist with the design and implementation of social media campaigns
· Create content for internal and external channels such as social media platforms (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram) and the Intranet
· Support with the management of all social media channels (e.g. community management and analytics)
· Provide writing and editing support in English and German for the website and blog
· Support in the creation of print material (e.g. flyers and posters)
· Create digital content (e.g. videos and infographics)
· Assist with the organization of digital and hybrid events
You have the following experiences and skills:
· Good writing and communication skills
· Bachelor’s degree
· Digital native, confident working across digital channels
· Creative, proactive and detail-oriented personality
· Passion for storytelling
· Fluency in written and spoken English – additional language skills such as German and French are an asset
· Basic experience with video creation or graphic design are a plus (e.g. Adobe products)
A great opportunity to gain insight into the external and internal communication activities of an internationally renowned institute in global health. In this role you will be able to develop your communication skills in a diverse environment and meet passionate people from different cultures.
Swiss TPH is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.
If you are interested, please submit your application online via the link provided below with the following:
· Motivation letter (1 page max.)
· If available, relevant reference letters and certificates/diploma
· Name(s) and contact information (email and/or phone) of 1-2 references
Please note that we can only accept applications via our online recruiting tool:
Applications via e-mail or an external recruiter will not be considered. There is no closing date for application, but we encourage applicants to submit their application as soon as possible. As long as the position is published on the Swiss TPH website, it is still open.
Start date: January 2021 or to be discussed
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Duration: 10-12 months contract
Travel required? No
For further information about the position, please visit our website: https://www.swisstph.ch/en/about/dir/communications/
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte recruitingapp-2698.umantis.com.