The Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH) is a world-leading institute in global health with a particular focus on low- and middle-income countries. Associated with the University of Basel, Swiss TPH combines research, services, and education and training at the local, national and international level. About 850 people from more than 80 nations work at Swiss TPH focusing on infectious and non-communicable diseases, environment, society and health as well as health systems and interventions.
The Department of Medicine (MED), within Swiss TPH, is built on the foundation of clinical medical services, diagnostics, pharmaceutical medicine and clinical research. Within our Clinical Statistics and Data Management group we are seeking a highly motivated
Data Manager (60-100%)
The Data Manager will contribute to different projects that require data management skills. The applicant will support the research activities of several projects in the MED department, at Swiss TPH which frequently take place in resource-limited settings. The Data Manager is expected to collaborate with external partners and with other departments at Swiss TPH.
– Support development and review of study protocols, Data Management Plans and Data Review Plans
– eCRF development for studies, including testing and validation
– Point of contact for data related issues
– Responsible for day-to-day activities contributing to data quality (address missing data, inconsistent data, query tracking, query resolution)
– Ensure clinical data deliverables as lined out in Data Management and Data Review Plans are achieved.
– Participate in Project meetings and provide status updates on Data Management metrics (e.g. recruitment, missing data, outstanding queries) to project teams and upper management where required.
– Support of archiving databases and study documents from completed studies
– Support of Data Quality team in developing data quality standards (e.g. review and/or test Standard Operating Procedures)
– Development of training materials (e.g. eCRF data entry guidelines) and training of staff on electronic data capture system(s).
– Sharing data with partners in a secure way while ensuring data sharing agreements are in place
– Build up expertise with several electronic Data Capture systems and develop training documentation (e.g. Best Practice documents)
Desired experience and skills:
– Bachelor’s or Master’s degree either in Data Analysis/Management, Public Health or a related field with several years’ experience in data management
– A good understanding and preferably practical experience of ICH Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
– Experience with electronic data capture systems (e.g. SecuTrial, REDCap, ODK)
– Open to learning new electronic data capture and management tools including eventually providing training to new system users
– Interest in global health with a particular focus on health challenges in low- and middle-income settings
– Good project and time management skills, able to support multiple research studies simultaneously
– Proactive in discussing ongoing issues, challenges and efficiently escalating to the respective Project Lead or Line Manager
– Good communication skills, flexible attitude, strong spirit of team work and initiative, and ability to work with professionals in a multi-cultural context
– Excellent command of English (speaking and writing)
– Prior experience in clinical database specification creation, build, validation and User Acceptance Testing
– Experience with data management for research studies in resource limited countries and/or in clinical trials would be an asset
– Programming experience (e.g. R, Stata, SQL)
Please submit your application online via the link provided below:
If you are interested, please submit your application with CV, motivational letter, reference letters and diploma, your salary expectations, names and contact information (email or phone) of 3 references (will only contacted with prior agreement).
Please note that we can only accept applications via our online recruiting tool: https://recruitingapp-2698.umantis.com/Jobs/All. Applications via e-mail or external recruiter will not be considered.
There is no closing date for application, but we encourage applicants to submit their application as soon as possible. As long as the position is published on the website of Swiss TPH it is still open
Start Date: September 2021 or upon agreement
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Duration: 2 years with possibility of extension
Travel Required? No
For further information about the position, please visit our website
https://www.swisstph.ch/en/ or contact Moniek Bresser (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte recruitingapp-2698.umantis.com.