Webseite Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute
The Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH) is a world-leading institute in global health with a particular focus on low- and middle-income countries. Associated with the University of Basel, Swiss TPH combines research, services, and education and training at the local, national and international level. About 850 people from more than 80 nations work at Swiss TPH focusing on infectious and non-communicable diseases, environment, society and health as well as health systems and interventions.
In our Department Education & Training, the Teaching Technology and Didactics (TTD) unit supports the development and implementation of innovative and high quality teaching at Swiss TPH. Due to the upcoming retirement of our longtime team member, we are looking for a new
Head of Teaching Technology and Didactics (80-100 %)
(Applications from job sharing teams are welcome).
As Head TTD you will be responsible for the strategic development and support of innovative teaching and training didactics as well as learning technologies at Swiss TPH. You will also take responsibility for the co-lead, coordination, implementation, evaluation and strategic development of the postgraduate program «Master of Business Administration in International Health Management».
Your further responsibilities include:
· Co-Lead, management and further strategic development of the «MBA International Health Management» including supervision and support of students as well as coordination of approx. 30 lecturers
· Direct leadership responsibility for the team consisting of 3-4 employees
· Acquisition of projects as well as consulting and teaching assignments in the field of global and international health
· External representation of the institute in committees as well as active participation in networking activities
In this position, you will report directly to the Head of the Department Education & Training and be a member of the department’s leadership team.
Ideally, you bring these experiences and skills with you:
· Academic background in public health sciences (global & international health), health management, health economics, didactics, or related disciplines, preferably at doctoral level
· Several years of experience in postgraduate teaching
· Proven professional experience in international health in different socio-economic and socio-cultural regions, experience in the private sector is an asset
· Strong experience in the acquisition and implementation of projects
· Hands-on experience in curriculum development, digitized teaching, and learning management systems, affinity to technology and innovation
· Several years of leadership experience, preferably in a matrix organization with flat hierarchies
· Effective negotiation, conflict management, and communication skills
· Ability to lead staff through transparent communication and coaching and create an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect
· Outstanding networking skills in a multicultural context and a motivating and winning personality
· Excellent knowledge of English, as well as good knowledge of German and another language
What we can offer you:
· An interesting and responsible job in a flexible and very dynamic working environment
· Collaboration in a very committed team with flexible working models
· Opportunity to work in a multicultural, diverse, meaningful environment with more than 80 nationalities
As an equal opportunity employer, Swiss TPH is committed to excellence through diversity.
Das Swiss TPH bekennt sich als Arbeitgeber zur Chancengleichheit und hat sich der Exzellenz durch Vielfalt verschrieben.
Please submit your application online via the link provided below:
· Motivational letter
· Reference letters and diploma
· Salary expectations
· Names and contact information (email or phone) of 3 references
Please note that we can only accept applications via our online recruiting tool: https://recruitingapp-2698.umantis.com/Jobs/All. Applications via e-mail, postal mail or external recruiter will not be considered.
For more information about working in this position, please feel free to contact the department head at Julia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Start Date: May 2022 or upon agreement
Location: Allschwil, Switzerland
Duration: unlimited contract
Travel required: 6 to 8 weeks of international travels per year
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte recruitingapp-2698.umantis.com.