Webseite Paul Scherrer Institut
The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2100 people.
For the Large Research Facilities Division we are looking for a
Construction and test of length-stabilized pulsed fiber optical links
We are offering a traineeship position in which you will work on selected aspects of the construction and evaluation of a prototype of a pulsed fiber optical link. The work includes implementation of the available concepts, test of different non-linear crystals, dispersion compensation, in-loop and out of loop stability measurements.
· You study physics or electrical-engineering (minimum 4 semesters)
· You have an interest in fiber and nonlinear optics
· You are enthusiastic to gain practical experience with optical fibers, splicing, dispersion compensation, construction, and adjustment of free-space balanced optical cross-correlators, data acquisition and evaluation
· You are open-minded, communicative and enjoy working in an international team
· You have not yet completed your Master’s thesis
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration.
This contract will be limited to 3 months.
For further information, please contact Dr Vladimir Arsov, phone +41 56 310 59 56.
Please submit your application online for the position as a Trainee (index no. 8232-T1).
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte www.psi.ch.