Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help keep your lights on, the factories running, our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Innovation
For our Business Unit – High Voltage Products in Zurich-Oerlikon, we are looking for an Intern to strengthen our team of Interrupter development experts. In this role, the Intern will be a key contributor to the Research and Development activities with focus on Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulations of high-voltage Interrupters. Simulations play a crucial part in the development and certification of highvoltage Switchgear. During the internship, the student will be working together with several internal stakeholders, play a key role in attaining a deep understanding of high-voltage Interrupter technologies, and become a dedicated contributor in this area. Our team offers an innovative working culture within an international working environment. Our interns work in dynamic, motivating and creative teams of people with a wide range of experience and competence. It also provides students to interact with other interns from top European universities. As in many other industry environments, Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) has gained a major position into all stages of product development. CFD simulation tools extensively contribute to improve the Interrupter Simulations Group at Hitachi ABB Power Grids. We build up a thorough understanding of the mechanisms which govern complex multi-physics problems with an emphasis on flow related issues encountered in electrical devices.
– Implementation of the HVCB CAD model in the dedicated thermo-fluid dynamic software
– Meshing of the HVCB model
– Data post-processing, analysis and evaluation of the results
– Propose improvements to the simulated case in collaboration with the ABB team
– Plan a dedicated validation campaign
– Bachelor or Master (preferred) in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
– Background in fluid-dynamics and thermal management
– CAD knowledge (Creo is a plus)
– CFD background (ANSYS FLUENT is a plus)
– Meshing knowledge (ICEM, GAMBIT)
– Proficiency in programming (Python)
– Fluency in written and spoken English, German is a plus
– Ability to work in a team, as well as willingness to handle responsibilities independently
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool.
Hitachi ABB Power Grids Switzerland
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com.