Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Join our team as an intern for Application Engineering to support our Generator Circuit-Breakers business in Zürich-Oerlikon for 12 months.
– Supports application engineering activities
– Study the new developments in machine design, operation and their impact on short-circuit current characteristics (e.g.: permanent magnet machines, synchronous generator with fast excitation system, etc.)
– Develop arc-voltage model in ATP-EMTP for generator circuit-breakers from the results of type tests
– Implement fault-arc model in ATP-EMTP
– Develop a tool to perform calculations of various shortcircuit currents and analysis of interrupting capability of GCB taking into account the effect of arc-voltage
– Develop life cycle cost analysis tool for use in retrofit and replacement projects (including predictive analytics algorithm e.g. Monte Carlo simulation, regression and optimization algorithms)
– Studies in Electrical Engineering
– Completed Bachelor or Master studies (or currently enrolled in the last year of studies)
– Should have good knowledge of electrical power systems
– Familiar with automation platform such as Matlab, Excel-VBA, python etc.
– Experience in modeling and simulation with ATP-EMTP is a plus
– Fluent in English
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool.
Hitachi ABB Power Grids Switzerland
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an CHfirstname.lastname@example.org