Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help keep your lights on, the factories running, our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Innovation
Our local product group Insulation & Components is the technology leader in design and manufacture of high voltage bushings. All renowned international companies of the electrical industry active in power generation, transmission and distribution are among our customers. We have a top position in the high voltage bushing areas worldwide. In this role, you will be responsible for transferring customer requirements into a product design, ensuring cost-effective solutions and maximum customer satisfaction. This includes the balance between superior quality with the need to meet challenging delivery deadlines. Do your credentials include the ability to share knowledge and optimize processes, supporting the overall objective to improve both efficiency and effectiveness in a sustainable manner? Do your credentials include technical expertise for sophisticated analysis as well as econoimic thinking? If so, this is an excellent opportunity for you to excel.
– Translate customer requirements into technical specifications for tailor-made products
– Establish contact with key customers an the technical level to maximize customer experience
– Apply Finite Element tools for the design (mechanical, electrical, and thermal) of high-voltage and high-current bushings
– Check and document technical feasibility of projects, including risk assessment and cost-benefit analysis
– Analyze and provide solutions to customer requests and product issues
– Support the improvement of the existing product portfolio
– Prepare engineering, supply, production, and operating instructions, while observing applicable legislation, e.g. product safety laws
– Monitor and take into account all relevant laws, standards, provisions and guidelines
– Assume overall responsibility for manufacturing costs and delivery deadlines for proposed technical solutions
– Work in close cooperation with all departments involved in related processes
– Raise efficiency levels and improve effectiveness with regard to Engineering Bids and Proposals
– Continuously optimize work flow and ensure ongoing improvement in quality
– Solid degree (university) in Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering and/or Power Engineering
– Experience in high-voltage engineering and/or power engineering industry would be an advantage
– Proficiency in the use of SAP, Office365, FEM (Comsol), and Creo
– Excellent command of German and English, both written and spoken, at negotiating level
– Team spirit with keen sense of initiative and willingness to travel (5 to 10%)
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool.
Hitachi ABB Power Grids Switzerland
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com.